Asian Pineapple Pork Burgers Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 8 pieces unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Top each with a pineapple slice; wrap with a bacon strip.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 520 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Asian Pineapple Pork Burgers
"So easy to make and delicious. I have made these tasty burgers several times. I skipped the bacon because I was out and they were still outstanding."
"sooo good!!!!! spread some sweet and sour sauce on the bun before serving gives it even more flavor. Very very good!!!!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.