- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 8 pieces unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Top each with a pineapple slice; wrap with a bacon strip.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Pineapple Pork Burgers
"So easy to make and delicious. I have made these tasty burgers several times. I skipped the bacon because I was out and they were still outstanding."
"sooo good!!!!! spread some sweet and sour sauce on the bun before serving gives it even more flavor. Very very good!!!!"