Asian Oven Omelet Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. Discard seasoning packet from ramen noodles or save for another use. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook celery in canola oil for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms, 2 tablespoons green onions and ginger; cook and stir for 7 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir into noodles.
- 3. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, sesame oil, sugar and salt. Stir into noodle mixture; spread into an even layer in the skillet. Cook on medium for 2 minutes.
- 4. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with remaining green onions. Drizzle with soy sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 221 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asian Oven Omelet
"An absolutely wonderful dish, with amazing smells. I wouldn't normally comment on the scent of a dish but this has such a wonderful nutty scent that I didn't expect with only a teaspoon of sesame oil. I did have to add 7 minutes to the oven time other than that it is perfection."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.