Asian Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, orange juice, soy sauce, oil, hoisin sauce, gingerroot, orange peel and garlic; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3-1/2 ounce-weight: 211 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asian Orange Chicken
"We just didn't care for the flavor of this dish."
"I double the recipe, used orange-mango juice. Didn't have fresh ginger so used ground ginger. Was a hit with my diabetic Mom, asian food loving husband & myself. Always looking for new ways to fix chicken so will make this again!"
"I am going to make this for a potluck lunch because it sounds so good and so easy. Is it good warmed over if you wish to reheat it?"
"This is a very good dish. It was quick and easy, great for a week night dinner. I made it just as the recipe directs."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.