“My husband requests this at least every other week,” writes Kali Kennebrew of Fishers, Indiana. “I can even make the sauce ahead of time and leave it in the fridge for him to use anytime.”
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, orange juice, soy sauce, oil, hoisin sauce, gingerroot, orange peel and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asian Orange Chicken in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review