- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the onion, orange juice, soy sauce, oil, hoisin sauce, gingerroot, orange peel and garlic; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Orange Chicken
"We just didn't care for the flavor of this dish."
"I double the recipe, used orange-mango juice. Didn't have fresh ginger so used ground ginger. Was a hit with my diabetic Mom, asian food loving husband & myself. Always looking for new ways to fix chicken so will make this again!"