- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 bunch green onions
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Finely grate the peel from two oranges; set aside. Cut thin strips of orange peel from the remaining orange for garnish; set aside. Squeeze juice from all oranges. Cut onions to separate the white and green parts. Thinly slice white parts; cut green parts into 1-in. lengths for garnish.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, grated orange peel and white parts of onions; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir the sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Garnish with orange peel strips and remaining onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Orange Beef
Sort By :
I made this recipe as the directions said to, I think it has a strange flavor. My fiancee took one bite and fed the rest to our dog. I think it would taste fine to somebody who likes a high acidity flavor but for un-health nuts like us, this was a really long way from traditional chinese take-out recipes.
Thanks Recipe-Bot for all the recipes you post!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >