Asian Onion Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 red onion slices, quartered
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, parsley, sugar and ginger. In a serving bowl, combine cucumber and onion. Add dressing and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.