“My mom creates her own recipes for wonderful Asian-inspired menus, so I came up with these pork sausage meatballs and dipping sauce to complement her meals.” —Amanda Kotlan, Spokane, Washington
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the egg, soy sauce, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on an ungreased broiler pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Combine the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and wasabi; serve with meatballs. Yield: 2 dozen (1/3 cup sauce).
Originally published as Asian Meatballs in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review