Asian Mango Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the vinegar, garlic, honey and curry paste to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Return chicken to the pan.
- 3. Combine the mango, onion, cucumber, red pepper and cayenne. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup salsa (calculated without peanuts) equals 342 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer