Asian Grilled Green Beans
You’ll love the great flavor and easy preparation of Trisha Kruse’s fresh side dish. The Eagle, Idaho cook tosses bright green beans in a sweet sauce with a subtle kick.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans,
- onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil
- (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are
- tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow
- steam to escape.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,