Asian Grilled Green Beans Recipe
You’ll love the great flavor and easy preparation of Trisha Kruse’s fresh side dish. The Eagle, Idaho cook tosses bright green beans in a sweet sauce with a subtle kick.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- 2. Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Grilled Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC