- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asian Grilled Green Beans
"My husband said, "This is the most delicious way you've ever cooked beans". That sums it up! They were great."
"This was good, not great to us. I used 1/2 the amount of red pepper. It was really easy to make though."
"Normally my husband doesn't care much for green beans but he LOVES them prepared this way. I subbed shallots for the red onion, and left out the red pepper flakes, otherwise I made them exactly according to the recipe. Yum!"
"I made this to go with the pork Tenderloin Satay recipe also on this website. My husband and I thought they were great! My daughter thought they were good but a little too spicy, so next time I'll cut way back on the red pepper flakes if not eliminate them entirely."
"I made this on the stove top, used fresh picked green beans from my garden, used 1 can of mushrooms instead of the fresh and I did not add the red pepper flakes called for as we don't care of hot spicy things. My whole family liked the subtle flavors combined with onion & mushrooms. Yummy & easy, will make again! Thanks for this recipe."
"A new side dish for my husband and I to make. I loved the hint of heat from the red pepper flakes. I really think that made the dish."
"Loved it. Didn't have any mushrooms but it was great anyway. I used frozen green beans b/c that's all I had and it was great that way also. Thanks!"