Asian Grilled Green Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asian Grilled Green Beans(6)
Sort By :
Normally my husband doesn't care much for green beans but he LOVES them prepared this way. I subbed shallots for the red onion, and left out the red pepper flakes, otherwise I made them exactly according to the recipe. Yum!
I made this to go with the Pork Tenderloin Satay recipe also on this website. My husband and I thought they were great! My daughter thought they were good but a little too spicy, so next time I'll cut way back on the red pepper flakes if not eliminate them entirely.
I made this on the stove top, used fresh picked green beans from my garden, used 1 can of mushrooms instead of the fresh and I did not add the red pepper flakes called for as we don't care of hot spicy things. My whole family liked the subtle flavors combined with onion & mushrooms. Yummy & easy, will make again! Thanks for this recipe.
A new side dish for my husband and I to make. I loved the hint of heat from the red pepper flakes. I really think that made the dish.
Easy, tasty & healthy side! I used frozen french cut beans & made on the stove top.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >