Asian Green Beans
Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana brings us this easy no-stress side dish. These versatile beans will enhance any main course.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until
- smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and ginger in oil until tender. Stir
- broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans; add the beans, mushrooms
- and water chestnuts to skillet. Stir to coat. Just before serving,
- sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 82 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,