Asian Green Beans Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and ginger in oil until tender. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain beans; add the beans, mushrooms and water chestnuts to skillet. Stir to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 82 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 vegetable.