- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked fine egg noodles
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chow mein noodles, optional
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry beef, a few slices at a time, until no longer pink. Add celery; stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return onion and meat to pan. Add broth.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables, egg noodles, spinach and pepper; heat through. Garnish with chow mein noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Friendship Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p26
Reviews for Asian Friendship Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review