Asian Cucumber Salad
Tari Ambler’s colorful cucumber salad makes a cool and classy side dish when she serves up an Asian stir-fry at home in Shorewood, Illinois.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- In a serving bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, oil, soy sauce, salt
- and pepper. Add cucumber and red pepper; stir to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 34 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.