Tari Ambler’s colorful cucumber salad makes a cool and classy side dish when she serves up an Asian stir-fry at home in Shorewood, Illinois.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- In a serving bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add cucumber and red pepper; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asian Cucumber Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p56
Reviews for Asian Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
"Was delicios even after a few days in fridge. Added l/8 tsp grated ginger and it added a nice spice to it. Lastly, sprinkled with black sesame seeds."