Asian Crunch Salad Recipe
A medley of fresh veggies is lightly coated with a dressing of soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil. You can also add carrots for more color, crunch and nutrition.
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, peas and onions. Stir in water chestnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, olive oil and pepper. Pour over vegetables and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC