Asian Coleslaw Recipe
Here's a recipe for coleslaw without all the greasy mayonnaise. It's well-liked by the people who've tried it. A bit of sugar mellows the tangy dressing. -Alta Goodman of Canton, South Dakota
- 5 cups Chinese or napa cabbage (1-1/4 pounds), thinly sliced and ribs removed
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asian Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC