Asian Coleslaw Recipe
Here's a recipe for coleslaw without all the greasy mayonnaise. It's well-liked by the people who've tried it. A bit of sugar mellows the tangy dressing. -Alta Goodman of Canton, South Dakota
- 5 cups Chinese or napa cabbage (1-1/4 pounds), thinly sliced and ribs removed
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Coleslaw in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p27
Reviews for Asian Coleslaw(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2011
Was fantastic and simple!!! I didn't have white wine vinegar so used unseasoned rice vinegar. Was great.