- 1 medium orange
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze juice from orange; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon, soy sauce, onion, oil, garlic and ginger; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asian Citrus Salmon
Sort By :
"This is one of the only ways I will eat salmon!"
"I didn't like this."
"With the first bite, our taste buds came alive! What a great and pleasing combination of flavors. Instead of broiling, I baked the fillets at 350 for 20 minutes along with some vegetables I was roasting; they were slightly more done than I wanted, but this is another way of preparing them."
"Wonderful, my whole family including teenage boys loved this!"
"I am traditionally not a huge salmon fan, but this was the BEST salmon I have ever eaten in my life! The blend of flavors is perfect!"