My husband and I have done extensive traveling during our more than 50 years of marriage. As a matter of fact, I came across this recipe during a visit to Japan. The Asian flavor is a nice change. - Martha Ann Bernard, New Vienna, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) Chinese mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, vegetables, bean sprouts, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Asian Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p138
Reviews for Asian Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2014
"I was a little scared to try this one at first, but my husband liked it and he don't like Chinese food, I thought it was just ok"