“My family loves this light, colorful and quick meal. Grilled pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon makes a yummy dessert.” Teresa Ralston - New Albany, Ohio
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken with Gingered Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review