Addictive chicken wing alert! Creamy peanut butter balances the sweet-savory flavors of brown sugar and soy sauce. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour over chicken wings and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Wings in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p61
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asian Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review