Asian Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) chicken and garlic-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in the chicken, water, teriyaki sauce, ginger and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in vegetable blend. Cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Skillet
"Overall a really great recipe. It is a nice simply and quick meal. The only thing I would do differently is add less water and more ginger. I felt like all the water took most of the flavor away."
"My family loves this recipe. I get the stir-fry vegetable blend with the teriyaki sauce mix and then I don't have to make the sauce, just add a little water."
"Simple, fast, and delicious"
"Everyone in the family really liked this recipe and told me to put it in the "keeper" file! Thank you for sharing!"
"easy and very tasty"
"Very Very Salty"
"loved it! worked well with soy sauce instead of teriyaki"
"I really liked this recipe! I love how it used a Rice-A-Roni mix and added things to amp it up and make it taste 100% homemade. Very very tasty; great oriental flavor! I made this exactly like the recipe, but added a little crushed red pepper for some heat. Delicious!"