Asian Chicken Skillet
“This scrumptious recipe is a meal in itself. It uses a convenient Rice-A-Roni mix and only one pan...so cleanup is as short as the prep time.” —Terri Christensen, Montague, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) chicken and garlic-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir
- in the chicken, water, teriyaki sauce, ginger and contents of rice
- seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable blend. Cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until
- rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.