Asian Chicken Salad
"This satisfying salad is crunchy, nutty and sweet all at the same time," relates Barb Mickelson of Glenwood, Iowa. "To speed up preparation, I use chow mein noodles instead of fried wonton wrappers called for in the original recipe," Barb notes.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a
- large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing
- and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 320 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.