Asian Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, green onions, cabbage and carrot. For dressing, in a small food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, water, garlic, ginger and pepper. Cover and process until blended. Add cilantro; cover and process until chopped. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Roll up tightly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 370 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Salad Wraps
"Quick,easy,healthy and delicious"
"I made a few changes to this recipe. First, I used broccoli slaw instead of cabbage (my Walmart carried this right next to the cabbage). I also diced a little bit or red onion and red pepper and added that to the mix. I topped each wrap off with a handful of cashews. Finally, I added 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce to help give the dressing a little more flavor."
"Was good with vegie chicken , and less cilantro"
"I used a whole bag of coleslaw mix in lieu of the shredded carrot and cabbage, and there was PLENTY of dressing for that! It really stretched the recipe, brought down the calorie count a bit, and we didn't feel like there wasn't enough chicken. Loved the dressing on this... delicious and very easy to make."
"This recipe was good, but I thought that the cilantro taste was overwhelming. Generally, I don't associate cilantro with Asian foods. I will probably try the chicken wrap idea again, but I plan on using Asian dressing in place of the dressing in this recipe."
"This was such a hit!! It was light, easy to make and took no time at all... I have shared with this family and look forward to making it again!"
"Delicious! Even better the next day! My co-workers loved the taste!"
"It was very tasty but kind of watery for a wrap. Next time I will omit the water."
"This recipe is quick & very easy. We increased the dressing for the recipe & it was even better! We have already shared this with many of our friends!"