“I serve this salad in lettuce leaves or in pita pockets to friends who enjoy something a bit out of the ordinary. This is fast, easy, a bit exotic and, best of all, delicious.” If you like peanut butter, this is the chicken salad for you! Mary Bergfeld - Eugene, Oregon
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 4 cups chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumbers, pepper, onions and carrot. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve on lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p51
Reviews for Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"So light and tasty! Great recipe!"
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"You can't believe all the flavors that meld together! My husband loved it. I have handed this recipe out many times. Thanks!!!"
Reviewed May. 25, 2011
"Supper quick and super taste."