"This satisfying salad is crunchy, nutty and sweet all at the same time," relates Barb Mickelson of Glenwood, Iowa. "To speed up preparation, I use chow mein noodles instead of fried wonton wrappers called for in the original recipe," Barb notes.
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review