Asian Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, peas, bamboo shoots and red pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 321 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
"I love this asian flavor combo."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.