Packed with veggies, chicken, whole wheat pasta and just the right amount of heat, this main-dish salad is definitely special. —Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, peas, bamboo shoots and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Pasta Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review