Packed with veggies, chicken, whole wheat pasta and just the right amount of heat, this main-dish salad is definitely special. —Nicole Filizetti, Jacksonville, Florida
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, broccoli, peas, bamboo shoots and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Pasta Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2012
"I love this asian flavor combo."