Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the carrots, celery and onion until tender. Stir in the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic sauce and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the wonton strips, mushrooms, celery leaves, basil and cilantro. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until wonton strips and mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Sort By :
"We loved this soup--it is tasty and has a nice kick to it. It will be a regular item on the menu at our house!"
"The wonton wrappers get very soggy, I substituted tofu for the wrappers. Great Flavor!"
"Wonton wrappers tend to get soggy, I substituted tofu for the wrappers. Great Flavor!"
"My husband and I enjoyed this flavorful dish. The only thing I might change next time would be to cut down slightly on the amount of teriyaki sauce, as the flavor was very prominent. As others recommended, I too recommend adding the wonton strips in batches, as they inevitably clump a bit."
"This has wonderful flavor! A great take on a traditional recipe."