“One night I didn’t have any noodles for my chicken soup, so I gave it an Asian twist with wonton wrappers. It was great! Don’t skip the celery leaves; they bring great flavor to this soup.”—Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the carrots, celery and onion until tender. Stir in the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic sauce and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add the wonton strips, mushrooms, celery leaves, basil and cilantro. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until wonton strips and mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Asian Chicken Noodle Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p33
Reviews for Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review