Asian Chicken Grill
Since my husband and I are empty nesters, this recipe is great for just the two of us, although it could be increased. We both love these tasty sandwichesespecially my husband, who "lives to eat" rather than "eats to live"!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup
- for basting chicken; cover and refrigerate. Pound chicken breasts to
- 3/8-in. thickness. Place in a resealable plastic bag; pour remaining
- marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Discard
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each
- side or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with
- reserved marinade. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.