To celebrate my two daughters' Chinese heritage, we occasionally make Chinese food, especially around traditional Eastern holidays like Chinese New Year. I took a traditional pork dumpling recipe and modified it using ground chicken so that we can have them any time, not just holidays. —Joy Olcott, Millersville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (10 ounces) pot sticker or gyoza wrappers
- Cabbage leaves
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add water; cover and process until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon chicken mixture in the center of one wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel to prevent them from drying out.) Moisten edges with water. Fold wrapper over filling to form a semicircle; press edges firmly to seal, pleating the front side to form three to five folds.
- Holding sealed edges, stand each dumpling on an even surface; press to flatten bottom. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling; cover dumplings with plastic wrap.
- Line a steamer basket with four cabbage leaves. Arrange dumplings in batches 1 in. apart over cabbage; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Discard cabbage. Repeat. Serve with soy sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Dumplings in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p96
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review