Asian Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 356 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asian Chicken Dinner
"was wonderful and quick"
"This recipe turned out more like just chicken and broccoli soup. Not sure what I did to totally mess it up but it was not very flavorful or exciting."
"I made this for my husbands unit and they ALL couldnt wait to see what I made next"
"A good, simple, quick fix meal. Not spectacular, but was tasty."
"Very good. I didn't cook it in the microwave though, I cooked it on the stove top and used olive oil cooking spray instead of canola oil. It was a great quick meal. Took around 30-35 min to prep and cook. Would highly recommend"
"Very easy and quick, yet tasted wonderful. Serving sizes are large."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer