Asian Cauliflower Recipe
Every time I make this simple Asian-style side dish starring cauliflower I get request for the recipe. No one can believe how easy it is to make.—Carol Krueger, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish. Add 1 tablespoon cold water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the celery, onion, parsley and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine hot water and bouillon until dissolved. Combine the cornstarch and remaining cold water until smooth. Add soy sauce, pepper and bouillon; mix well. Stir into celery mixture. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes or until sauce comes to a boil, stirring after each minute. Pour over cauliflower. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC