- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 3 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In two large skillets, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and wasabi; spread over buns. Serve burgers on buns with cabbage. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Burgers
Sort By :
"really delish, nice change from a regular burger, we grilled, nice crunch, texture and flavors."
"This was a nice twist for a change! If you like potstickers then you'll love this hamburger! It has a great texture and flavor with a nice fresh crunch here and there and the wasabi mayo is a nice touch."
"My family loved these burgers. Lots of flavor and texture. We left out the water chestnuts but kept everything else the same. I loved the Wasabi Mayo for myself but just used regular mayo for the kids. Will definatly make again."
"We LOVED this version of burger! We changed a few things up, but it is really delicious!"