“The East-meets-West flavor of these Asian-style burgers have made them a family favorite for over 20 years. They’re equally delicious cooked on the grill.” -Charlotte Giltner, Mesa, Arizona
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- 3 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In two large skillets, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and wasabi; spread over buns. Serve burgers on buns with cabbage. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asian Burgers in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review