- stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain
- and squeeze dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, celery, carrot, green pepper,
- cranberries and bulgur. In a small bowl, whisk the parsley, vinegar,
- olive oil, onion, water, sesame oil, honey, garlic and seasonings.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange greens on salad plates. Top with rice mixture; sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.