Asian Broccoli Salad Recipe
“This nutritious recipe is my favorite potluck contribution,” says Florence Hendrickson of Albuquerque, New Mexico. “I lightened it up, and it’s tastier than the original!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar substitute and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3. Add pimientos and almonds to the broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC