Asian Broccoli Salad Recipe
“This nutritious recipe is my favorite potluck contribution,” says Florence Hendrickson of Albuquerque, New Mexico. “I lightened it up, and it’s tastier than the original!”
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sugar substitute and pepper. Whisk in the oil. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3. Add pimientos and almonds to the broccoli; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC