Asian Broccoli and Mushrooms
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli
- and mushrooms in olive oil, sesame oil and butter until tender. Add
- the garlic, seasoning blend and chipotle pepper; cook 1 minute
- longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Nature's Seasons seasoning blend by Morton. It can be found in the spice aisle of your grocery store.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.