Asian Beef with Noodles
Peanut butter, soy sauce and a surprise ingredient, Catalina dressing, make the yummy base to Denise’s Asian Beef with Noodles. Kids of all ages will love this fun way to serve spaghetti. —Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions,
- adding the snap peas and pepper during the last 2 minutes of
- cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat salad dressing over medium-high
- heat. Add beef; cook for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness. Add peanut butter and soy sauce; cook for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in the spaghetti mixture and onions; sprinkle
- with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 461 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.