Peanut butter, soy sauce and a surprise ingredient, Catalina dressing, make the yummy base to Denise’s Asian Beef with Noodles. Kids of all ages will love this fun way to serve spaghetti. —Denise Patterson, Bainbridge, Ohio
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the snap peas and pepper during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat salad dressing over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Add peanut butter and soy sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spaghetti mixture and onions; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Beef with Noodles in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p27
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Beef with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review