- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, consomme, soy sauce and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry onion and celery for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Return beef to the pan. Add spinach. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Beef Vegetable Stir-Fry
Sort By :
Very tasty. I was out of celery and used celery seed instead. Still had the celery flavor somewhat. Tried this with fresh swiss chard and was just as good as with the spinach. Will try it with Bok Choi next time.
It was tasty! A little too runny but just add it to more rice. YUMMY!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >