Asian Beef Strips Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten each strip of steak to 1/8-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onions, soy sauce, sugar, wine, garlic, sesame seeds, oil and pepper; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Place beef on a small broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef (calculated without rice) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Asian Beef Strips
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.