Asian Beef Strips Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten each strip of steak to 1/8-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onions, soy sauce, sugar, wine, garlic, sesame seeds, oil and pepper; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Place beef on a small broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Asian Beef Strips
"I made this recipe on a work day and it turned out to be very easy and tasty! I made minor changes due to what ingredients I had available.I used gluten free soy sauce and did not have sesame seeds so I left those out. My husband could not stop talking about how much he enjoyed this recipe too.I'm certain we will be having this recipe again soon!"
"This is a great way to jazz up an ordinary steak. The beef strips were easy to prepare. They turned out tender and delicious. The whole family enjoyed them."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.