Asian Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, quartered
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup marmalade and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
- 3. Meanwhile, with a 2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 16 circles from toasts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining marmalade and chili sauce. Microwave for 20 seconds or until heated through.
- 4. Place burgers on toasts; top with marmalade mixture and remaining toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
2 sliders equals 372 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.