- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, quartered
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup marmalade and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
- Meanwhile, with a 2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 16 circles from toasts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining marmalade and chili sauce. Microwave for 20 seconds or until heated through.
- Place burgers on toasts; top with marmalade mixture and remaining toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Beef Sliders
Sort By :
Wanted to try this as it only received two stars. I changed the recipe to use 80% lean ground beef. I also added one small jar of beef baby food (to moisten). Also added 1t. garlic powder and a splash of pineapple juice. Instead of Swiss cheese I used American. Served on King's Sweet Hawaiian rolls ... Topped them with sweet and sour sauce. Served pineapple on the side. They were fabulous!
I wanted to like this but it just didn't have that much flavor. We weren't fans of the orange marmalade sauce on top...