- 1/2 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, quartered
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup marmalade and 1 teaspoon chili sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
- Meanwhile, with a 2-in. round biscuit cutter, cut 16 circles from toasts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining marmalade and chili sauce. Microwave for 20 seconds or until heated through.
- Place burgers on toasts; top with marmalade mixture and remaining toasts. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Beef Sliders
"Wanted to try this as it only received two stars. I changed the recipe to use 80% lean ground beef. I also added one small jar of beef baby food (to moisten). Also added 1t. garlic powder and a splash of pineapple juice. Instead of Swiss cheese I used American. Served on King's Sweet Hawaiian rolls ... Topped them with sweet and sour sauce. Served pineapple on the side. They were fabulous!"
"I wanted to like this but it just didn't have that much flavor. We weren't fans of the orange marmalade sauce on top..."