Asian Beef Noodles
We've raised beef the majority of our lives, so I like to try new recipes that feature it. This recipe is different and absolutely delicious.Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Prepare noodles according to
- package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cut steak into thin strips. In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef and
- jalapeno in oil for 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the noodles, water, steak sauce, carrot,
- onion and contents of seasoning packet. Cook and stir until heated
- through. Return beef to the pan. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 328 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.