- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 cups water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in contents of one noodle seasoning packet; set aside and keep warm.
- Break the noodles; place in a large saucepan. Add the contents of second seasoning packet, vegetables, water, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in beef and onions. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Asian Beef Noodle Toss
"It was pretty quick and an easy way to dress up Ramen. My kiddos gobbled it up."
"This was a quick and easy side dish. I eliminated the hamburger and paired it with asian pork tenderloin. I agree with Elaineae, it was quite salty. Next time I would use low sodium soy sauce for this recipe."
"This is a quick and easy recipe. I gave it 3 stars because I found that the frozen vegetables got too soggy cooking in the liquid for that long, and I like crisper vegetables. I also found it very salty. I also don't like the use of ground meat as much as a thinly sliced cut of beef, chicken, or pork. I might make this recipe again in a pinch, but if I have the ingredients on hand, I much prefer the pork and ramen stir fry recipe, which can also be found on this site."
"This makes a great weeknight meal. It's quick, easy, cheap, and good."
"The recipe was delicious, i added black pepper, salt and bell pepper to give it more flavor."
"I love this recipe! It is easy and fast. I did make a few slight changes though as I also thought it was too salty. I used beef ramen instead of the oriental as I don't care for the oriental noodles. After using ginger the first time I decided to cut that out altogether, so I don't use any ginger. Also, I only use 3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce. This seemed to help a lot with the salt, not nearly as salty after those changes. Very, very good with the changes. I will continue to make this over and over!"
"Tasty recipe but on the salty side even using only a packet and a half of seasoning packets."
"This was good, but I have other recipes that are equal to or better than this one. It's worth trying though if you don't have very many oriental recipes."
"Maybe it's just me, but 5 Tablespoons of soy sauce was too much. Next time I'll try it with just using three....but this was yummy, nonetheless.Tried it again and I think it should be teaspoons, not tablespoons, for the soy sauce."
"This was so good for something that seems so simple. Everyone loved it. It was a little salty for our taste, so next time I will try using only 1 seasoning packet. I also added an extra package of veggies, and next time would add the green onions a little earlier so they cook a little more. A big hit in our house."