Asian Beef Noodle Toss
I received this recipe from a friend who is a nurse, Marge Mizzen. We always share new recipes, especially for easy meals like this, because our schedules keep us both quite busy.—Sue Livangood, Waukesha, Wisconsin
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 cups water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in contents of one noodle seasoning packet; set aside
- and keep warm.
- Break the noodles; place in a large saucepan. Add the contents of
- second seasoning packet, vegetables, water, soy sauce and ginger.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or
- until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in beef and onions.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 208 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 978 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as