Asian Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Beef and Noodles
Sort By :
"Very easy to make if you are short on time. I added extra ginger, salt and pepper."
"I liked it ok, but I'm not sure really what's Asian about it other than store bought Ramen noodles with high sodium flavor packets. Oh and let's not forget the ginger. Not bad for a quick meal though."
"I've made this recipe many times, using ground chicken or ground turkey sometimes, as well as ground beef. It does taste best when served right after making it, since the noodles tend to get soggy if you refrigerate it and then reheat later. I use both of the seasoning packets instead of just one, and sprinkle the dish with soy sauce when serving. (This will increase the sodium content. ) We like the flavor, but adding a dash of ground red pepper or some hot sauce would work well for those who want it spicier!"
"This recipe wasn't very good. My son called it "Yum, yum, YUCK!" and my husband opted for bread and butter. It was bland, uninspired and tasted like ground beef with Ramen noodles. Very disappointing given the very positive ratings this recipe received."
"Also excellent with Ground Turkey!"