Asian Beef and Noodles
Stir-fry recipes, like Asian Beef and Noodles from Laura Shull Stenberg in Lino Lakes, Minnesota, translate to one-dish family fare that’s long on flavor, but short on prep time, cost and cleanup. This light, colorful family favorite takes only five ingredients—all of which you’re likely to have on hand. Laura suggests serving with a dash of soy sauce and a side of pineapple slices. Or try ground
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir
- until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles
- and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender,
- stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir
- in onion.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with lean ground beef and one noodle seasoning packet) equals 377 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch,